Tuesday, June 7, 2011

10w6d

That's 10 weeks, 6 days for those whom don't speak the crazy prego language!

Tired. Tired. Tired. Tiredness.

Nausea still comes and goes, but seems to be a bit...less. (knock on wood!)

I can't hardly eat at all like I used to pre-pregnancy. I was doing pretty good doing the low-carb thing; maintaining and/or losing weight, no migraines in sight, less headaches, improved skin, just generally felt better. Then I get knocked up and I all I want are things I ate alot as a kid, which are oddly comforting. Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. Hotdogs. Plain Cheeseburger happy meals. Cereal. French fries.

I don't think I've had any full-on 'cravings' yet; at least not the must have this now kind. They generally feel like Hmmm this sounds good now (or at least not nausea-inducing). But I will have to admit that yesterday for lunch, I wanted the fabulous orzo pasta from The Mediterranean Sandwich Shop, but not the hummus that I usually get with it. So I may or may not have went to the Mediterranean place first to get some orzo to go, and then hightailed it over to Mostly Muffins for my regular turkey sandwich. Tee hee. Tra la la.

I woulnd't say that I've 'popped' or 'showing' yet (at least fully clothed), but it is getting harder and harder to button various pants or bermuda shorts that are workplace regulars for me. But Dear Sweet Hubs did say 'Wow you're looking pregnant' one day after I had stripped down to my undies to cool off after work one day. The belly is making an appearance, but I'm doing my best to keep it under wraps. For the meantime it does appear to be just too many cupcakes.

The heat index has been hovering around 100 degrees every single day since we headed into June. These are not fun times. AC is a god-send.

I have another checkup today, where Dr. Smiley said we should be able to hear the heartbeat with the external doppler. Every healthy appointment checkup takes away just a little more anxiety for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers