Wednesday, October 26, 2011

31 Weeks! A Cold? WTH!

Babycenter:

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

How your life's changing:

Have you noticed the muscles in your uterus tightening now and then? Many women feel these random contractions — called Braxton Hicks contractions — in the second half of pregnancy. Often lasting about 30 seconds, they're irregular, and at this point, they should be infrequent and painless. Frequent contractions, on the other hand — even those that don't hurt — may be a sign of preterm labor. Call your practitioner immediately if you have more than four contractions in an hour or any other signs of preterm labor: an increase in vaginal discharge or a change in the type of discharge (if it becomes watery, mucus-like, or bloody — even if it's pink or just tinged with blood); abdominal pain or menstrual-like cramping; an increase in pressure in the pelvic area; or low back pain, especially if you didn't have it before.

You may have noticed some leaking of colostrum, or "premilk," from your breasts lately. If so, try tucking some nursing pads into your bra to protect your clothes. (And if not, it's certainly nothing to worry about; your breasts are making colostrum all the same, even if you don't see any.) If your current bra is too snug, you might also want to pick up a nursing bra. Choose a nursing bra at least one cup size bigger than you need now. When your milk comes in you'll be grateful for that extra room!

If you're having a boy, you and your partner will want to take some time to think about whether or not to have your baby circumcised. Find out the pros and cons from your doctor, and what the procedure involves.

Alphamom:

pregnancy calendarYour Baby:

  • Blah blah blah 3.3 pounds, bag of oranges, sock full of nickels, etc.
  • Enjoys yawning, sucking his or her thumb, kicking mom in the diaphragm.
  • Turn-offs include: getting the hiccups, really loud noises and you trying to do all that boring “sleeping” at night.

You:

  • Can totally round down your answer to “two months” when people ask you how much longer you have to go. DO NOT focus on the crazy week-to-month-ratio math at this point in pregnancy, particularly when there are breakable, smashy objects within reach.
  • May be weirdly and inexplicably congested all the time. I, for one, appear to be allergic to my pillow. This is also prime time for pregnancy colds, as the toll on your body and immune system is getting higher by the week. Take it easy, slow down, take your vitamins and try try try to get enough sleep.
  • Can now play everybody’s favorite game, Guess The Body Part That’s Sticking Out Next To My Belly Button! Elbow or heel? Head or butt? Did I seriously just maybe feel my baby’s BIG TOE?

*****************************************************************************************
Me: Crankiness has ensued, so hence the lack of timely postings and witty repertoire.

The GD is just a regular thing now, with the having to draw blood numerous times a day and the not too much, not too few carb diet-dance. My next regular appointment is tomorrow, and I am curious to see how Baby Boy is progressing (too big?).

I did just receive my first jab-jab snarky comment, "Are you sure you have 2 months left?". Wink-wink, nudge-nudge. If the coworker wasn't already in the process of doing me a favor (bringing my timesheet upstairs due to our new ridiculous process), I may have thrown a shoe at him.

A cold has set in this week. Which apparently is right on time, according to the weekly updates. So just pile misery on top of misery. Dear Hubs did run out to the store for me last night for pharmaceuticals, after fixing the water heater so that I have an appropriate amount of hot water for my evening baths. Love that man! Feeling a bit better with my cold meds (from the doctor-approved list), but I just really really would like to be napping in the comforts of our master bedroom-cave at this very moment. But due to my razor-thin maternity leave schedule, no more 'mental health', 'I just want to stay home' or 'just have a miserable cold and am 7 months prego' days. Got to save every last hour up. I think I will be thanking myself after wee bebe' is here.

Halloween is right around the corner and maybe we'll try out the Fair this weekend...



Oh yeah, and it's our First Anniversary today! One year ago today we were here: (check out how swanky we are...)
















And just for laughs, I tried on my wedding dress (that has still been hanging from a curtain rod in our master bedroom....it's just SO PRETTY that I can't bear to store it away). If not for the satin band, I coulda-might've been able to zip it back up again... but it was sitting right where the belly bump would be, so that was a No-Go! But you get the general idea...









And today this arrived...












I may have a bowling ball (or 4 navel oranges... ahem.) rolling around in my rapidly-expanding abdomen, but this sure is a nice time in my life. Need to remind myself to take time to appreciate this fleeting time period!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers